What You’ll Hear in Today’s 15-Minute Huddle:
Spitting, sweating and starving a wrestler to make weight is not a healthy nutrition plan.
So on today’s huddle, I talk with Jackie Slomin, Registered Dietitian, who specializes in nutrition for wrestlers.
Jackie and I talk about…
- How Jackie became interested in nutrition and why she specializes in nutrition for wrestlers.
- How she approaches nutrition/making weight for wrestlers and how her approach is different from the traditional approach.
- Jackie shares how important carbs are to their performance on and off the mat.
- Why she doesn’t believe young wrestlers should be cutting weight.
- Her advice/tips for sports moms of a younger wrestler and also high school wrestlers as they navigate nutrition with their wrestlers.
Jackie is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist on a mission to make sure people feel confident and happy about their food and bodies by providing a science-driven approach to nutrition coaching. Specializing in:
Sports Nutrition for Wrestler
Weight Management & Meal Planning
Medical Nutrition Therapy
Jackie has a FREE facebook community for parents and coaches of wrestlers who want to learn how to make weight WITHOUT starving, sweating or spitting @ https://www.facebook.com/JackieSlomin/
Links & References:
- You can find Jackie and her resources here…
CONTINUE THE HUDDLE
We love hearing from you!
If you have a question about today’s episode (or want to ask a question of your own for the podcast), you can email me at email@example.com or head on over to the Sports Moms United Facebook Community