What You’ll Hear in Today’s 15-Minute Huddle:
- Today’s questions: How are Mindset and Motivation different?
- To help answer the questions, I’m joined by Andrew Simpson, founder of Player’s Fitness and Performance and a mentor to young athletes. We discuss how mindset and motivation affect student athletes.
- Why motivation doesn’t last and how we are constantly seeking it.
- How we as parents can help bridge the gap between motivational changes and mindset changes.
- The importance of mentors and coaches in your children’s lives who share your values.
- What a self-limiting belief is and how to rephrase them into questions to help your student athlete change their perception of those beliefs.
Links & References:
- You can connect with Andrew: https://www.playersfitnessandperformance.com
Andrew founded Player’s Fitness and Performance in Frederick, MD during the Summer of 2013. He has been a competitive athlete his entire life. Sports are in his blood. He discovered he had a passion for Exercise Science, Nutrition, and Human Performance in 2010 and decided to blend this with his love for athletics. He and his team have been blessed with the responsibility to mentor and develop hundreds of middle and high school students. Andrew’s mission is to inspire youth to live uncommon lives and to bold enough to become extraordinary leaders.
CONTINUE THE HUDDLE
We love hearing from you!
If you have a question about today’s episode (or want to ask a question of your own for the podcast), you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or head on over to the Sports Moms United Facebook Community