What You’ll Hear in Today’s 15-Minute Huddle:
- Donald Hooten shares his family’s very personal story about his brother, Taylor, and why his family started the Taylor Hooten Foundation.
- Need support in your area? The Taylor Hooten Foundation delivers 150-200 programs a year to help educate young people and their adult influencers about the truths of appearance and performance-enhancing substances.
- Specific strategies for talking to kids of all ages about performance-enhancing substances.
- How to know what to look for in dietary supplements.
Links & References:
- You can connect with the Taylor Hooten Foundation at https://www.taylorhooten.org and watch this video about Taylor’s story.
PLAY Stands for Promoting a Lifetime of Activity for Youth. It’s a community outreach program put on by the Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers (PBATS) in all cities across the U.S. and Canada with a Major League Baseball team.
For the past 10 years, the Taylor Hooton Foundation has become a part of the PLAY Program where they help educate young people and their adult influencers about the truths of appearance and performance-enhancing substances.
Tavis Piattoly is also able to talk with the young people about the importance of nutrition! Please visit http://pbats.com/play/ for more information.
CONTINUE THE HUDDLE
We love hearing from you!
If you have a question about today’s episode (or want to ask a question of your own for the podcast), you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or head on over to the Sports Moms United Facebook Community